It takes an engineer around 20-30 min to configure custom metrics on EC2 server and creating alarms manully. Not Now!!
This solution enables you to quickly and automatically create a standard set of CloudWatch alarms for your Amazon EC2 instances or AWS Lambda functions using tags. It prevents errors that may occur by manually creating alarms, reduces the time required to deploy alarms, and reduces the skills gap required in order to create and manage alarms.
- Auto create Alarms on new instance launch
- Auto Delete Alarms on instance termination
- Configuration Thresholds for Alarm.
- Scan all the pre launched instances to setup Alarms
- Monitor Important Metrics
- Reduce Operational Overhead of setup monitoring manually
- Time saved
- Standardization of alarms
- CPU Utilization
- Disk Space Used %
- Memory Used %
- Health Check Status
Cost Of Infrastructure
~ USD 3 per 10 alarms
Assuming 3 custom metrics per EC2 Instance
4 alarms will be created per instance
Deploy the solution which will create Cloudwatch Alarms Automatically